Do You Need to Invest in Social Media Training?
Social media is becoming a major part of any marketing plan and continue to become more important year after year. This is why it is becoming more important to invest in social media training. We have all heard the stats, there are 400 million active users on Facebook, there are 500 million tweets sent every day, web traffic from Pinterest drives the highest spend per customers, but you sit back looking at your social media and it is doing nothing for your company. So how do you master social media and use social media to drive higher revenue?
The first thing you have to do is admit that you are not the social media guru you think and invest some of your time learning how to do social media right. Many times it is not your approach in social media, but how you are using social media to complement your other marketing tactics.
For example, you are posting great looking pictures to your company Facebook page and getting a lot of likes and shares. But where are the web traffic from these posts and more important where is the revenue? In this scenario, you might not be including links back to your site or asking people to sign up for your newsletter. All your posts should have a purpose. Here are 9 other reasons why you should invest in social media training.
9 Reasons To Invest In Social Media Training
- You lack the social presence your business deserves – You are posting updates, but not generating the following you are looking for.
- You Feel Like You Are Wasting Time – hours and hours spent and no new customers. Sound familiar?
- Your competition is blowing you away – You see your competition adding hundreds of new followers every month.
- Your social media updates are not finding your target market – You are getting new “fans”, but they all seem a little spammy, telling you that you can make hundreds of dollars every hour by clicking a button.
- You are not creating leads – You are getting new “fans”, but you are not converting these fans to leads.
- You are losing followers – Your follower count continues to decrease.
- You are not driving web traffic to your site – you are increasing your social media presence, but your website traffic is flat.
- You have no plan – You are just doing social media because someone told you to.
- You do not understand how social media can help your business – You have not even started because what’s the point, it is for the kids.
You know you need to do something because you want to get more out of your social media efforts. It is as easy as investing the time to get better at the craft. You can read books, watch online video, or join a class to get more out of your social media. There are thousands of ways to get better at social media, but you have to do it.
Sign up for the mktr newsletter!